Postdoctoral position in analyses of electron microscopic images from the brain.1) We are seeking a highly motivated post-doc researcher, with a background in image processing, neuroinformatics, or systems/computational neuroscience. We are conducting a research project, “Brain Mapping by Integrated Neurotechnologies for Disease Studies (Brain/MINDS; http://brainminds.jp/en/ ; Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 370: 20140310).” This project aims to map the structure and function of neuronal circuits to understand the vast complexity of the human brain. The candidate will work on the projects on 3D reconstitution of marmoset brain atlas from 3D microscopic images (from EM and/or Optical) under collaboration with experiment teams.
2) We are also seeking a highly motivated post-doc researcher, with a background of systems/computational neuroscience, especially using a combination of brain imaging (EEG, fMRI, etc) and theoretical/computational modeling. Please see our references (Shikauchi and Ishii 2015, Scientific Rep. 5, 17648; Yoshida and Ishii 2006, Neuron 50(5), pp. 781-789).
For both of them, a PhD or a MD degree, a proven track record of peer-reviewed publications, and solid communication skills in English and/or Japanese are essential. All projects are done with our tenure track and post-doc researchers of various backgrounds including systems biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, mathematical engineering, and machine learning. Our laboratory also has a strong collaboration with other laboratories in Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR) and RIKEN Brain Science Institute.
[Job title and Job description]
Title is a Full-time Researcher / Full-time Research Engineer
The position is open after April 1st 2016 (negotiable)
Work location is Yoshidahonmachi 36-1, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto-city, Japan. 606-8501
The contract is annually renewable up to 3 years based on the evaluation.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Social insurance will be applied.
Days off include weekends, public holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays, Foundation Day, and summer vacation.
These and other provisions are in accordance with Kyoto U regulations (Kyoto University’s regultions).
[Application and required documents]
Please send the following five materials to the address below, either in printed or electronic form:
1. Complete CV
2. List of publications
3. Reprints of 1 to 3 major publications
4. Document (one or two pages in A4 or letter size) describing:
- Summary of your previous research
- Interests and proposal for research
5. Two letters of recommendation (including one from the current supervisor, if available)
Selection will be made based on application screening and interviews.
- have a Ph.D. (or be near completion).
- have strong motivations and ambitions to participate in the research above.
[Number of openings]
One or two
[Deadline for application]
May 1st (will remain open if positions are not filled)